THEME: “Strength, Power, and Intensity”
Have you entered the WCCW Writing Contest yet? Sponsored by Inspire Christian Writers, this is a great opportunity to sharpen your skills and win some goodies.
The writing contest is open to all conference attendees, with entries due Jan 31, 2017.
The theme is “Strength, Power, and Intensity.” Your entry should be 800-1200 words, fiction or non-fiction.
- First prize: Full scholarship to the next WCCW conference, $50 credit in the bookstore, one year Inspire Membership, and a personalized award certificate
- Second prize: One year Inspire Christian Writers Membership, $50 credit in the bookstore, and a personalized award certificate
- Third prize: One year Inspire Christian Writers Membership and a personalized award certificate
Prizes will be awarded at the closing general session on Saturday afternoon. This contest is FREE to enter, though you must register for and attend the conference to be eligible.
Official Writing Contest Rules:
- Writer must register and attend the 2017 WCCW Conference in order to participate.
- The work must be unpublished, though the author may be published.
- One entry per person.
- Format: Microsoft Word .doc file, in Courier New or Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
- Document header must include manuscript title and page numbers.
- DO NOT include your name or pseudonym anywhere in the document.
- Judges will remain anonymous.
- By entering this contest, you agree the work is original, authored by you, and has not been published anywhere before.
- Submit all entries by attaching a Word file to an email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line: “Writing Contest”) by 11:59PM PST, Jan 31, 2017. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Writing contest entries may be fiction or non-fiction, and between 800 – 1200 words in length. The theme for the story contest is: “Strength, Power, and Intensity.” Each entry must include:
- Title and word count
- A fiction or nonfiction story or article of 800 – 1200 words in length
- An accompanying email with your name, address, and phone number
Email email@example.com or call the conference hotline at 510-854-1408.