Coaching & Critique Team
Coaching & Critique
NOTE: As of February 13, advanced appointment requests are CLOSED. All available slots have been filled. If slots become available during the conference, we will fill them on the spot.
Each attendee may request ONE 15-minute session with an industry professional IN ADVANCE by filling out the short form below and selecting your top three choices. Along with the completed form, you may submit a writing sample (query, one-page, or an excerpt of a work-in-progress) of 1000 words or less. NOTE: Sending your writing sample in advance, along with the completed form, will insure your request gets preference. Other available appointment slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at the conference. Click here to open the Coaching and Critique Appointment and Submission Form (Word doc) and additional instructions.
Industry professionals who will serve on the Coaching & Critique team (visit the Faculty page to learn about each individual):
- Karen Ball – Agent: Adult F & NF
- Wendy Lawton – Agent: Adult F & NF
- Kim Bangs – Book Editor: NF
- Marcus Corder – Journal Editor: F & NF
- Mona Hodgson – F: Historical & Children’s
- Susy Flory – NF: Memoir
- Dana Mentink – F: Romance
- Sarah Sundin – F: Historical
- Nancy Hird – Children’s
- James Watkins – NF Articles, Book Proposals, Humor
- Mike Lynch – F: Sci fi, Fantasy, Historical
- Kathy Ide – F & NF, Editing
- Judi Braddy – NF: Christian Living
- Robynne Miller – NF, Blogging
- Laura Christianson – Websites, blogs, social media marketing
“I love the way WCCW focuses on bringing people together to share their heart’s passion in a positive way.”
Put God at the Center of Your Dreams
Writing is an exciting, fun, rewarding calling, especially for those of us who have the privilege of being part of God’s mysterious purpose.
But the joy of saying, “I’m a writer” means signing up for frustrations, discouragement, and risks. It requires a level of vulnerability, perseverance, and toughness that no one can fully prepare us for. This is why we must ground our writing life in the One who gifted us in the first place.
In addition to workshops and powerful speaking sessions, this conference will include a spiritual component to allow both registrants and faculty to connect with God and receive prayer support. Jeanette Hanscome, along with several other writers will provide:
One-on-one prayer for…
- Your writing goals
- Conference-related anxieties
- A burden that you carried to the conference
- God’s direction or redirection
- Something that is keeping you from writing as much as you would like to
- Anything that is weighing on your heart
You’ll find a special area to pray with a member of the prayer team.
And you’ll have the option of connecting with someone who will continue praying for you after the conference.
Please take advantage of this valuable resource!
(The prayer team will not be available during lunch or during Saturday afternoon’s book signing party.)
If you’d like to serve on the prayer team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org