2-DAY WCCW CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
Friday, February 15 and Saturday, February 16
This is a sampling of workshops that will be offered during the main conference (subject to change). Check the Conference Schedule for details. Descriptions of each workshop and instructor bios are coming soon.
- Hooks That Won’t Let Go
- How to Get the Most Out of This Conference
- From Pulpit to Print
- How to Be a Confident Marketer (NOT a Self-Promoter)
- How to Move Your Message From the Page to the Stage
- Story to Story: Converting a Loss to a Light
- Those Pesky Book Proposals
- Weaving Personal Experiences Into Stories
- When Life Gets in the Way of Your Writing
- Banishing Imposter Syndrome and Embracing Your Identity as a Writer
- Writing for Children: Encouraging Spiritual Curiosity
- The Author’s Life: Dream and Reality
- Current Social Media Strategies
- How To Write 500 Words a Day for the Rest of Your Life
- How to Get Speaking Engagements (Even When No One is Asking You to Speak)
- Brainstorming 101
- Follow the Recipe: Writing for Magazines
- Beginner’s Bootcamp
- Should I or Shouldn’t I? Self Publishing 101
- Crafting Characters
- Platform: Find Your Unique Light and Let it Shine
- What Happens Next: Writing Page Turning Scenes
- Care & Feeding of an Email List
- Writing the Blog People Can’t Wait to Read
- Author Law 101
- Adding Suspense to Any Genre
- Devotional Writing
- Wellness For Writers
- Treat Your Writing as a Business
- Storytelling Techniques from Disney
- Copyrights and Fair Use: Know Your Rights
- New Ways to Tell (Old) Stories
- Writing for Today’s Middle-Grade and Young-Adult Readers
- Television Writing 101
NEW! Pre-Conference Seminars Thursday, February 14, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ready for some personal teaching, coaching, and mentoring in a small group?
Want to take your writing or communications to the next level?
Consider a Mini-Mastermind, with an expert teacher who’s put in serious time in the trenches and has a heart for helping and encouraging writers and communicators.
These hands on, personal seminars are new to West Coast Christian Writers, and are a very special add-on to the general conference. (Plus, since it’s Valentine’s Day, we’ll have a few special little heart-shaped surprises for you!)
Space is available in the following Mini-Masterminds:
- You Can Do It! Indie & Self-Publishing, A to Z with Robynne Elizabeth Miller
- Your Author Platform’s Secret Sauce: A Dynamite Website, with Laura Christianson
- Making Your Fiction Come to Life, with Sarah Sundin
Mini-Mastermind seminars are limited to 8 participants each (first-come, first-served). The registration fee for the Mini Mastermind day is $139 (lunch is no-host at a nearby eatery).
“I have been to dozens of conferences and WCCW created an environment I had not felt before; of being in a unique, special, interesting family and feeling tremendously encouraged! I loved that feeling. Well done.”