First Page Writing Contest
If you’ve been writing for any length of time, the importance of the first page cannot be overstated. This is the grabber page — the hook — that introduces the reader to the main elements of your story/piece.
With this in mind, attendees at the 2019 West Coast Christian Writers Conference have the opportunity to submit the first page of one unpublished fiction OR non-fiction piece to this year’s writing contest.
There is no fee to enter; your conference registration includes entry.
- Send to Mike Lynch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Put “WCCW Writing Contest” in the subject line of your e-mail
- In the body of your email — NOT on the submission itself — include your name, title, and indicate whether your piece is fiction or non-fiction
- Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of judges
- Limit one submission per registrant
The top three finishers of both categories will be announced at an awards ceremony on Feb. 16. (And yes, there will be prizes!)
Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter.
Best of luck to everyone!