2020 Online Conference Writing Contest
Submission Deadline: September 8, 2020
Send Entries to: email@example.com
This year the COVID-19 pandemic and racial unrest we have experienced has forced every one of us to confront significant and unexpected changes. Things are simply not as they were, and for many of us one way to respond to these new circumstances is through writing.
For some, trying to make sense of what is happening, or tell others what God has taught you, create a lament, or bring joy through humor may take the form of an essay or opinion piece; for others, a fictional or autobiographical short story, a poem or children’s story. Whether writing is a longstanding habit or a new desire, if you’ve felt a need to share how these events have affected you or others, we want to give every attendee registered for the 2020 WCCW Online Conference, October 8-10, the opportunity to submit one unpublished piece to this year’s writing contest.
Your 1-2 page submission will either be fiction or non-fiction in one of the four categories (please note genre and category when sending to Mike Lynch, writing contest moderator):
- Nonfiction: Essay, opinion, personal experience or inspirational piece
- Fiction: Short story (any genre, including YA, fantasy, etc)
- Children’s story
Entries can be serious, humorous, or anywhere in between!
WORD COUNT: 250-500 words. (For poetry, one poem of 250 words or less.)
- Please include your name, title and word count at the top of your submission.
- Times New Roman, double-spaced, 12 pt font, with 1 inch margins
- Clearly mark which category you are entering: Nonfiction, Fiction, Poetry, or Children’s.
AWARDS: All entries will receive a special, original contest certificate.
Winners in each category will also receive:
1st place — free registration for the 2021 West Coast Christian Writers Conference, publication on the WCCW website or newsletter, award certificate.
2nd place — 25% registration discount good toward the 2021 West Coast Christian Writers Conference, publication on the WCCW website or newsletter, award certificate.
3rd place — Publication on the WCCW website or newsletter, award certificate.
- Send entries to contest administrator Mike Lynch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: September 8, 2020
- Put “WCCW Writing Contest” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of judges
- To enter, you must be registered for the WCCW Online Conference Oct 8-10, 2020
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
First, second and third place submissions will be posted on the Conference website or in the newsletter for everyone to enjoy.
Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter.
Best of luck to everyone, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say. This is a good time to use your writing gift and share what’s inside your heart! Writers help the world make sense of what is