Watch for Our Next Mini-Masterclass!
February 25 – 27, 2021
Goldie Awards Writing Contest
WCCW is once again sponsoring the Goldie Awards (named after our Golden Gate Bridge logo), a writing contest for original, unpublished submissions at this year’s conference. Here’s your chance to let your literary light shine before a panel of judges.
Whether writing is a longstanding habit or a recent endeavor, we all have stories percolating within us. This is an opportunity to channel that creative energy and craft a story based on this year’s writing prompt.
Write about a character on the verge of a life-changing event, but he/she doesn’t know if he/she has the courage to see it through.
2021 GOLDIE AWARD WRITING CATEGORIES
Please choose one of the categories for your story. First and second place winners in each category will be announced during the conference.
- Nonfiction (Essay, opinion, personal experience or inspirational piece)
- Fiction (any genre, except horror or anything explicit)
- Children’s Lit
- Bad writing (Yes, we want you to write a bad story on purpose, but done in a clever way. You can include story inconsistencies, tired clichés, appalling dialogue, plot issues, and the like)
Entries can be serious, humorous, or anywhere in between!
- Poetry (up to 250 words)
- All other categories (up to 500 words)
- Please include your name, title, and word count at the top of your submission.
- Times New Roman, double-spaced, 12 pt font, with 1 inch margins
- Clearly mark which category you are entering: Nonfiction, Fiction, Poetry, Children’s Lit or Bad Writing.
All entries will receive a special, original contest certificate.
Winners in each category will also receive:
1st place — 2021 WCCW Goldie award.
2nd place – Certificate.
- Send entries to contest administrator Mike Lynch, Goldie Awards Writing Contest Director at: email@example.com
- Deadline: February 7, 2021
- Put “WCCW Writing Contest” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of judges
- To enter, you must be registered for the WCCW Online Conference Feb. 25 – 27, 2021
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First place submissions will be posted on the Conference website or in the newsletter for everyone to enjoy.
Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter.
Best of luck to everyone, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say. This is a good time to use your writing gift and share what’s inside your heart! Writers help the world make sense of what is going on. This is your time!
February 25-27, 2021
“By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.” (Philippians 3:12-14 MSG)